Case – Study – E2E IPTV
- A major European Telecoms service operator providing telephony, high speed broadband on ADSL and Fibre, and mobile telephone to consumer and business customers, with over 1.4million premises passed
- Despite multiple technical builds of a TV platform over many years, they were ready to launch a TV platform to move into Quad-play services to more effectively compete, and were attempting to do so commercially alongside the expansion of their fibre deployment
- Client wanted to launch a competitive offer including DVR, VoD, and Multi-room offerings
- Client had already initiated an RFP for an e2e IPTV service turnkey delivery including platform, UI and CPE
- The consultant was engaged to complete a solution compliance review of RFP results as part of the selection process and commercial engagement with selected vendor, however significant non-compliances were found in the submissions from all vendors that resulted in a changed approach to delivery.
- Placing our consultant into the key e2e TDA role, the client initiated a new RFP drafted by our consultant based on a more fully clarified technical and business architecture
- The new architected solution focused on delivering a phased delivery with a base platform being deployed with TV and DVR functionality, followed in a second phase by more advanced features of VoD and Multi-room capability
- The architecture covered everything from contribution of content/services from TV companies, content protection, encoding, distribution network (inc Multicast), CPE, QoE, RCU and UI
|Content Protection Strategy||IPTV E2E Platform||Mobile Video Platform||OTT Cloud Based Timeshift Service|
|Network PVR||STB Development Acceptance||UltraHD STB||Contact Fairmile West|
You must be logged in to post a comment.